Rambunctious Among Us

By Ami (Gypsie) Offenbacher-Ferris

Response to prompt word RAMBUNCTIOUS in 6 Sentences Only by “Girlie on the Edge”

There are those that are very rambunctious among us. Their lives always full of tumultuous disorder. These unrestrained, uproarious disciples of chaotic clambering keep this earth clearly askew on its axis. I stridently search for a cacophony of silence amid the ever increasing din of raucous rollicking around me. Alas I find I’m once again thrown into the proverbial bed with a group of boisterous termagants. Until once again I can lay my head on my pillow of unadulterated opulence.

30 Comments

1. Delightful use of the marvels of a broad vocabulary. I loved ‘cacophony of silence’.

1. Thank you most kindly Doug. I’m so happy you enjoyed it! 😊

2. Reminds me of when i used to say “mommy needs a piece of quiet.”

3. Sadje says:

Very interesting post Ami. Love your use of words.

4. Thank you ever so much Chris! 😊

5. clark says:

boisterous termagants?!?
    excellent wordage!
    (the fun of hanging out with people what enjoy the recreational use of written language)

6. Thank you most kindly Clark! So happy you enjoyed it! 😊

7. UP says:

cacophany of silence. yeah you! love it.

1. Many thanks! So happy you enjoyed it! 😊

8. Reena Saxena says:

Verbal calisthenics 🙂

1. Most assuredly dear Reena! And a-one, and a-two! LOL

Liked by 1 person

9. This is great! Lots of synonyms and more besides!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Keith! Very happy you liked it! Something is awry here in that I responded to you hours ago but it has never shown up! Maybe the site is a bit too rambunctious tonight! 😄

Liked by 1 person

1. I wonder where it went! I’ve checked spam in case it went there but to no avail. I think you could be right. Thanks for dropping by though.

10. Thank you Keith! High praise from you is most welcome! ☺️

11. Pat Brockett says:

Opened the Dictionary app to find the definition of one of those words! One of the things I enjoy about reading the SSS posts is learning new-to-me words and then seeing them used so rambunctiously. Well done.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Pat! I’m one of those weird people who read a dictionary with rambunctious abandonment! Very happy you enjoyed it! 😀

12. Frank Hubeny says:

I like the search for a “cacophony of silence”.

1. It’s a real thing Frank! Thank you for reading my work and responding! ☺️

Liked by 1 person

13. “Termagants”. I love when a writer sends me for the dictionary! Palpable energy in the first 5 sentences, you can almost feel the change in gear by the time you get to the 6th.
    Wonderful Six, Ami.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much GirlieOnTheEdge – apologies as I do not know your pen or given name. I greatly appreciate your comments. 😊

Liked by 1 person

1. My given name is Denise.

Liked by 1 person

14. Hi Denise, Is this the name you prefer to be addressed as? Very nice to meet you!

1. Likewise Ami!
      I’m good with either Denise or Girlie. Have had both names for a long time 😊

1. Sounds like me! My given name is Ami but everyone has called me Gypsie for years! 🔮

15. Liz H says:

Was that a rhyming couplet I spied at the end?

Liked by 1 person

1. Perhaps it is, perhaps it’s not. One never knows what Gypsie wrought! (LOL)